2023 Summer Reading Program / All Together Now
2023 Summer Reading Program
Discover a World of Stories
Escape into a summer of imagination and adventure with the Library’s 2023 Summer Reading Program, “All Together Now.” We invite readers of all ages to embark on a journey through the captivating worlds that await within the pages of our collection.
Engaging Activities and Community Events
Our program extends beyond the fun of reading. Join us for a variety of interactive activities and events:
- Storytimes for babies and toddlers on Mondays, and preschoolers on Thursdays.
- Performer visits with Live Reptiles! by VINS, Little River State Park interpreters, and Ants! and Honey Bees with Mr. K from Exordium.
- Art, science, and craft workshops to explore different disciplines.
- Community projects like Chalk the Block to connect folks of all ages.
- Adult Summer Reading Bingo!
Reading Challenges and Rewards
Participate in our reading challenges tailored to different age groups.
Stop in to pick up a welcome package and reading log:
- Little Readers (birth – 6): Delight in picture books with your grown ups! Track the titles of books or number of minutes you are read to. Bring your reading log in at the end of summer and choose a free book to take home.
- Junior Explorers (7-10): Dive into chapter books and graphic novels! Track the titles of the books or the number of minutes you read, then bring your reading log in at the end of summer. You can choose a free book to take home, and enter the raffle to win an extra large Squishmallow.
- Teens (11-18): Conquer the board! 1) Read middle grade and young adult novels and graphic novels. 2) Mark off one square for every 30 minutes you read. 3) Earn a snack or a vinyl sticker, and 4)enter the raffle to win exciting prizes.
- Adult Adventurers: We have a special program just for you! See the Adult Summer Reading information page.
Immerse yourself in a world of learning, creativity, and community as we come together through the power of stories.
Access Anywhere, Anytime
We understand the importance of flexibility and convenience.
Our Summer Reading Program offers:
- Access to a vast collection of e-books and audiobooks through Libby and the Palace App for borrowing.
- Online reading logs through Beanstack to track your progress and share your achievements.
- Programming on evenings and weekends to meet the needs of working families.
Whether you prefer the feel of a physical book or the convenience of digital formats, we have you covered!
Don’t miss out on the adventure!
Join the Library’s 2023 Summer Reading Program and let your imagination soar. Together, let’s make this summer unforgettable.